Welcome, To Ask or Respond To Questions, Login or Register

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Factory reset menu in Chinese
Hey, I want to factory reset my android phone, it is a tecno m3. When I enter the reboot menu by pressing volume up and power button, I get a recovery many displaying Chinese. Can someone help me change this into English because I don't understand any Chinese. Or how can I factory reset, which option should I use?
I will try to help you by translating the Chinese recovery menu giving meaning of each and what they do. There is a way you can change the language of the recovery menu. some phones offer that option in the recovery menu itself while for other phones you have to install a CWM. 

I am assuming you have something that looks like the image below. Check the image for the translation of the Chinese menu.

Meaning of Chinese recovery menu;

1. Manual Test; this option is used to test whether the selected aspect of the phone is working perfectly.
  2. Individual test; this one narrows the test to individual items such as the LED lights.
  3. Test results; this option gives the overall test results of the functionality of the phone.
  4. Debug test options; Tests the debug functionality of the phone.
  5. Wipe eMMC; this option is the one used to factory reset your phone and is easy to identify because it has eMMC in it. eMMC basically means internal memory.
  6. Version Info; This option shows basic information about the android phone including the software version, build time, IMEI number, just to mention a few.
  7. Reboot; U can use this option to reboot the phone.
USE Wipe EMMC to factory reset your phone.

Read out the full article here; http://www.technologysage.com/2015/01/ho...droid.html

good luck.
Thanks for the info, Is there a way that I can change this menu to be in English?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change factory reset menu from Chinese to English. jibril 1 4,210 10-25-2016, 01:55 AM
Last Post: bettytech