Welcome, To Ask or Respond To Questions, Login or Register

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install and Run Linux from USB
I am relatively new to Linux Operating system. I want to install and run Linux from a USB. Is there a simple methosd that that i can use to install and run linux from usb without installing to my computer? Someone kindly help.
This is a simple method to install and run Linux from USB without installing to PC can. It can be followed by both Pros and Noobs. 

Things needed: 
1. Computer with windows
2. Download installer tool from http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

3. The Linux Os you have downloaded to use.

Then Follow these steps:

1. Run the Tool
2. Select the OS type you would like to install.
3. Select the os from your downloaded file
4. Select the Drive letter
5. Click on Create and sit back as everything is done for you.

Read the full procedure Here: http://www.simple7ech.xyz/2016/01/how-to...n-pen.html
Step 1: Create a bootable installation media for the Linux operating system

You can use your Iso file to create bootable installation media. You can use various software such as Unetbootin, Gnome Disk Utility, Yumi Multi Boot, Xboot and others to create bootable flash memory with the help of ISO file. If you do not like this method, you can use a DVD, burn the ISO file on it.

Step 2: Create the required partitions on your main flash drive

Well at this point you need to create two partitions on your main flash memory. You can use things like Gparted or Gnome Disk Utility to do this. These two partitions are:

Root partition in EXT4 format with desired size

You can use the rest of your space as a FAT partition to use as a regular flash memory.

I am using 16 GB flash memory in this tutorial. I will create a root partition with 5 gigabytes of space and use the remaining 11 gigabytes as regular flash memory. Well now we have a 16GB flash memory which we turned into an 11GB drive for normal use. You can also do this step while installing Linux, but it will be difficult to install operating systems such as Arch Linux. After creating the required partitions on the main flash memory, you can take a deep breath and move on to the next section.

Step 3: Install Linux on the flash drive

First boot the Linux operating system (I use Lubuntu 18.04) from your bootable installation media and start the installation process. The welcome page for installation now appears.

You can select the language you want and click the Continue button.

Now go to the next page which is the choice of keyboard layout or Keyboard Layout. After selecting, click the Continue button.

If you want to update Lubuntu during installation, select Wi-Fi Internet. Otherwise skip this step.

Select the Installation Type.

In the next step, select Something Else Option and go to the next page.

This step is one of the most important steps available for installation. In this section, you should find where the main flash memory is embedded.
In the case of my computer, / dev / sda is the computer's internal hard drive, and I use / dev / sdb for Lubuntu installation media. / dev / sdc is my main flash drive with Linux operating system written on it and it has two partitions.

If you skipped the second step, you can create partitions in this window.

First, change the mount point of the first partition on the main flash drive to ROOT. Select the option shown in the figure (for my computer, this option is the same as / dev / sdc).

If this part is not done properly, your system will only boot on the current computer, and this is exactly the opposite of what we want. After the desired step is completed, check everything and click continue.

Make sure the devices and drives shown in the next window belong to your main flash drive. Now click continue.

Now select Region and click the Continue button.

Add username, password and more.

Now let the installation process be completed.

After completing the installation process, click Restart and remove the installation media and press Enter.

Well now the operating system is installed on flash memory. Now you can install flash memory on any computer you like and boot the system from it.

Step 4: Customize your Linux system.